NAFA- NorCal-Northern Nevada Chapter (NAFA-NCNN) will post current job opportunities for fleet-related jobs. The posting request must come from an organization with current membership in NAFA and the posting must be approved by the NAFA-NCNN board prior to posting. The posting will be reviewed for content and applicability to the fleet industry. NAFA-NCNN reserves the right to deny or cancel any posting at their sole discretion.
Please submit all job postings to firstname.lastname@example.org in a .pdf or .doc format for posting on the website.
JOB TITLE: Fire Mechanic Senior
AGENCY: City of Fairfield
LOCATION: Fairfield, CA
FILING DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
SALARY RANGE: $85,477.60 - $103,898.08 Annually
The City of Fairfield Fleet Division is recruiting for the vital position of Fire Mechanic Senior!
As a member of the Public Works Department, you will be responsible for maintaining a diverse Fire Department fleet operating 24/7 while keeping established minimum equipment available for use as needed. You will be responsible for performing complex and difficult diagnosis and mechanical repair of City fire apparatus and equipment.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
· Wants to be part of a nationally recognized professional organization (100 Best Fleets in North America for the last 10 years!).
· Is knowledgeable of the equipment, parts, tools, materials, diagnostics, repair techniques, and supplies used by the City in public safety equipment repair.
· Is a self-motivated team player with great customer service and organizational skills.
· Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
· Four (4) years of journey-level experience servicing, maintaining and repairing a variety of automotive and heavy motorized vehicles including fire apparatus and related equipment is required.
· Experience using any ASSETWORKS Fleet Management platform is desirable.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATES:
· Possession of valid Class C California State Driver’s License is required at the time of hire. Possession of a valid equivalent is acceptable during the application process.
· Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid Class A California driver's license with manual transmission, air brakes and tanker endorsements within six (6) months is required.
· Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT) Fire Apparatus Technician Level II certification is required.
· ASE Master Truck Certification is required.
Examples of Duties
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Inspect, diagnose, modify, overhaul and repair mechanical defects on gas and diesel powered light and heavy duty fire vehicles, equipment and apparatus.
· Perform mechanical work such as troubleshooting, motor tune-ups, and major and minor repairing of motors, electrical systems, air/heating systems, communications systems, and associated parts.
· Diagnose, repair and overhaul manual and automatic transmissions.
· Diagnose and repair air, vacuum, mechanical and hydraulic brakes, hydraulic systems, clutch systems and related components.
· Overhaul, repair, and rebuild special equipment on fire trucks such as pistons, pumps, pressure gauges, cooling systems and pump primers.
· Perform a variety of design and fabricating duties; utilize a variety of mechanical, welding and machinists' tools to fabricate, rebuild, strengthen and maintain various parts and components; fabricate parts and apparatus for special use.
· Perform minor interior and exterior automotive body repairs, including doors, fenders, bumpers, body panels, power and manual windows and seat removal and installations.
· Make road calls and emergency repairs in the field in response to vehicle and equipment problems.
· Road test vehicles and equipment to ensure work is properly completed.
An excellent benefits package is offered, including:
· CalPERS pension eligibility
· Generous contributions towards medical, dental, and vision plans
· In addition to vacation and sick leave, 50 hours of personal leave annually, which is 100% cashable
· City paid life insurance, deferred compensation and retirement health savings contributions
· A 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off
To access the complete job description, click here.
This recruitment is open until filled and may close without notice once a sufficient number of qualified applications are received.
For more details about this opportunity, please visit the job brochure at:
To apply, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fairfield/jobs/3657969/fire-mechanic-senior.